Sunday, May 12, 2013

WITCH'S SHOES

 

These fun and charming witch's shoes can be used as candy dishes with wrapped candy or as display items.  I'm going to use mine as part of a witch's station I'm setting up in October.

What you will need:
A pair (or a single) of heels
Hot glue
Masking tape
Aluminum foil
Scrap cardboard
Paint (your choice)
Newspaper strips
Glue/Water
Painter's Glaze or Mod Podge (optional)
Bobbles/Glitter/Decorating things

I started with a pair of heels I already owned and was positive I would never wear again.  They were wickedly uncomfortable!


I started out by forming some pieces of aluminum foil into curled points to make the toes of the shoes.  After doing this, I attached them with masking tape.


After doing this to both shoes, I wrapped the whole front end of the shoe in masking tape, making sure the cover all the way up the strap.



I then cut two small circles out of cardboard from an empty pasta box.  I hot glued them onto the heels of the shoes so I could widen them.


Then came the wrapping with foil for structure then wrapping them in masking tape to hold it on and give it some more support.



I stuffed the toes of the shoe with newspaper to give it some support and also to fill it in.  


I decided that my shoes looked too plain on the front, so I decided to add a little flare by giving my pair of shoes a pair of tongues.


Then it's time to paper mache.  Paper mache every single inch of the shoe.  Make sure to cover the inside as well and make sure to cover the opening.  This is how you make sure that the shoes' pasts are gone and covered up for good.



Once they dry (which will take several hours), it's pretty much whatever you want to do after that.  I glazed mine once the paper was dry for added durability but you can easily skip that step.  Just do whatever your heart desires.  Paint them pink or green or blue.  Just have fun!  I'm traditional so I painted mine black and covered them with green glitter glue.  


GOOD LUCK!
















No comments:

Post a Comment