Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CUPCAKE STAND


What you will need for this project:
3 pans in different sizes, or you could use burner covers but those only come in 2 sizes
Candle holders used for tapers
Hot Glue or E6000 glue
Spray Paint
Sharpie
Scrap Paper
Ruler/Yardstick
Spray Paint

I started out at a thrift store, as usual.  I got 3 pans and 2 candle holders and paid a whopping $4 for all of it.


I started by locating the center of the bottom pan.  I did this by tracing the pan onto a sheet of paper.  After that, I used a ruler to mark 2 lines in the shape of an X.  This didn't work as well as I'd hoped, so instead, I folded the paper in half, than that in half and so on and so forth. 
After doing this, when you unfold it, all the creases will lead to the center showing you the exact center of the pan.  I used that to mark the center and hot glue the first candle holder in place.




I then did the same with the other 2 pans, making sure to get at the very center of each one.


Looking back, E6000 glue would have worked well too but I didn't have a tube on hand.

After this you, you simply spray paint the whole thing.


I added the little finial shown in the first picture as an after thought.  I had a spare curtain rod sitting around and it came off the end of it.  I did this for a gothic touch because as you can tell, that's my style.  Plus, I make most of this stuff for Halloween.


After this one turned out so well, I went a little nuts and started making them out of things I had around my house, such as a vase, sundae bowl, plates of assorted sizes, candle holders.



Warning: Unless you used food safe spray paint, I wouldn't put food directly on top of these things.  The cupcakes will obviously be in wrappers so that's safe.  The other plates are going have orange napkins placed on them first then have assorted cookies and other treats on them.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!









No comments:

Post a Comment